Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Green" Stamps

The United States Postal Service has issued a series of 16 Go Green stamps to raise awareness of some simple things we can do to make a positive impact on the environment.

How timely!

It's as if they have been watching our kindergarten class and decided to support our investigations.

Sweet.

The Go Green Forever stamps suggest we reuse bags, share rides, compost, recycle, plant trees, compost and turn off lights when not in use.  All of this will help reduce our environmental footprint.

I suppose it is greener to send an email than to mail a letter but the USPS does not have a stamp for that. Besides, there is really no substitute for a handwritten letter.  And when you do sent one, you may as well Go Green (stamp-wise anyway)!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Going green is a good lesson at any age. Maybe by learning it young, your kids will be natural ambassadors for ecology.

I'm embarrassed to say when my kids come home for a visit, they are constantly recycling things I've thrown away!

Gary said...

This kindergarten focus has made me more aware as well. I am becoming increasingly educated in ways to "go green" and the parents of my students are telling me their children are keeping them on track as well. So cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails