Sunday, February 2, 2014

Data Collection

Yippee!!

Data collection for my doctoral research on reading assessments used with children who are deaf and hard of hearing is just about complete!

I am eternally grateful to the teachers, district superintendents, school principals, academic directors and generous researchers who have supported my work. The aforementioned have helped spread the word and/or given their precious time to complete my short online survey.

Originally, I optimistically anticipated I could generate over 100 responses in just four weeks. In reality it has taken about 16 weeks to reach that goal. The process of spreading the word has been an involved and time consuming task.

It has also been quite amazing. I have not started the process of formal data analysis but the surveys and interviews have given me much to ponder. It is an exciting time!

I anticipate closing the survey on February 14, 2014 - a personal Valentine to myself.  This means there is still time for anyone who meets the criteria to participate.

Qualifications to participate in this study are:
  1. Teachers currently working with K-5 students who are deaf and hard of hearing.
  2. Teachers working within the Northeast Region of the United States (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, Delaware and Washington, D.C.
  3. Teachers involved with teaching and assessing reading development for students who are deaf and hard of hearing.
If that is you (or someone you know) please take 10 -15 minutes to complete the survey.  The link can be found here.

Finally, a big THANK YOU to my wonderful coteacher Oni for helping me create this short ASL video to promote the survey.  Ain't she sweet?

 

2 comments:

37paddington said...

I am glad you're enjoying your co teaching relationship. I think that is especially important to you. And now I am caught up on your new posts. Glad to see you back!!!

Gary said...

Oh boy, you are so right! It makes such a difference. I think with Oni I may find the magic I had with Lauren. Of course, building magic takes time but I think we are well on our way. That is if we are allowed to stay together. You never know what can happen.

Thanks for reading!! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails