Sunday, March 25, 2018

Children of a Lesser God


I started this blog back in 2007 to provide a window into the life of an elementary school teacher and document my journey as an educator. At the time I had been team teaching with Lauren Ridloff for five years and stories of our time together populate many of those early posts.

Lauren was my team teacher for nine years - her whole teaching life. She left in 2011 to have her first child and focus on her family.

However, life moves in mysterious ways and on Friday night I went to see Lauren perform the lead role of Sarah Norman Leeds in the Broadway revival of Children of a Lesser God. Yes! Lauren is Broadway's newest leading lady and I see a Tony Award in her future. How amazing is that?!

Reunited with Lauren backstage at
Children of a Lesser God
The show has a wonderful cast. She is up there on the stage playing with her second work husband - I am her first - Joshua Jackson and a cast that includes Anthony Edwards, Kecia Lewis, John McGinty, Treshelle Edmond and Julee Cerda.

She is in very good company!

It feels very satisfying and familiar and amazing to watch her perform on that stage at Studio 54. There is nothing better than seeing good fortune and success come to those you love.

Lauren will step back into the classroom with me for Year Four of Broadway Books First Class (BBFC). Her cast mates Kecia Lewis and Treshelle Edmond are already part of the BBFC family and John McGinty will also join in Year Four.

PS347 teachers showing support for Lauren on the second night of previews for Children of a Lesser God

Children of a Lesser God opens on April 11, 2018 so be sure to get a ticket to watch Lauren soar.  I'll be back on Opening Night and many times afterwards. Color me proud.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails